Sunday, August 9, 2015

(1) What do I hope to learn in CS3216

Well, being a business student with no programming background, it does sound insane to take this class. And honestly, I only heard of the CS3216 saga after I got the class. I applied purely because I want to. In simpler language, I applied this class without knowing that it is highly demanded, highly selective, and extremely difficult. *insert panic emoji*
Alright, here are some things that I hope to take away from CS3216.

(1) Programming skills
Oh well, this goes without saying. I will definitely be able (and need to) pick up some programming skills. Surely a good thing in this technological era. More than happy to learn it.

(2) Discover possibilities out there with programming
Precisely because I do not have programming background, I do not know what's technically possible with programming and what's not. We can always let our imaginations run wild and dream of super cool things that we want to create, but if it's technically impossible at this present day, it's still just an idea.

(3) Learning from others
This module requires a lot of working along with others. And from the pool of students taking this class, I understand that the diversity is quite huge. We will probably view issues from different angle and it's a good thing since we are developing something new. I think such interaction will give everyone valuable hindsight. Also, we probably will learn technical skills from each other as well.

Taking CS3216 means getting out of comfort, exploring something that I think is worth trying while I have the luxury of time as a student. I have always wanted to create something that will provide value for people, making daily lives better. Hope that while learning from all the other student developers and designers and tutors, they will also be able to benefit from my input as a business student about marketing ideas effectively.

Alright, let the (crazy) journey begin heh :P

Ciao
Mei Lan

No comments:

Post a Comment