Saturday, August 15, 2015

(2) First week of CS3216

Three things happened over at CS3216.

(A) Show and Tell
I have to be honest-- I was MINDBLOWN! I have seen things I've never seen before, okay, especially that rubix cube which can changes shape with every twist. I was truly fascinated.
Anyway I really like seeing how everyone talks about the little thing they want to show and tell. The brimming passion and little nerdjoy spilling over sometimes... makes life seem a lot simpler. And I guess it reveals a bit of everyone's personality and it probably helps people in identifying people who they might be interested to work with for the projects.

(B) Saturday workshop
First class on more technical aspect of things. php and mySQL were fine. I actually appreciate that it was  condensed, since it's not as if php and mySQL can be learnt in 1.5 hours. Git got me a little confused at the start..... but I think I understand how it works. Like a programming dropbox kinda thing to collaborate. (Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong!)

(C) First project meeting
Pretty productive. Did brainstorming and kind of settled on the idea. But still, it's a very raw idea, my team do see some loopholes that is pretty tricky. Well, we will work it out.

Ciao
Mei Lan

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your stay over in 3216. :) We always have good use for business students, particularly because.. well.. CS'ers tend to be "not so good" with customers. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm really enjoying working in the teams. Learning a lot of new things and expose to new kinds of working style.

      Hahaha, ah yeah... Interestingly, I had a conversation another CS friend (not in the class) and he commented that CS'sers tend to get too excited about all the cool tech shit, and they program more and more complex thing and eventually the outcome is a cool but maybe unfeasible one. So non-CSers are very important in pulling them back to focus on the core idea. I guess that's the point of CS3216, where it's more about the feasibility of the product, how to market, bla bla bla~~

      Delete