Thursday, September 10, 2015

(7) External Pitching Party + Assignment 3 updates

Cool to see what are some apps people out there want to make. 
Some pretty unrealistic. Some there's potential.

Tuition apps:
Okay, I have been tutoring for past four years and I understand what kind of gap they are trying to address... But if a small scale pitching party has like 2-3 different people pitching the same idea.... Chances are, it's probably an idea many people has thought of... In fact, NTU students already started Hace like few months ago... And why keep forcing kids to go tuition............

I was quite interested in one of the ideas pitched. The one that is similar Zopim. I spoke to Gerald, the incharge, more about the idea, UI problems for consumers, consumer behavior in putting the reviews things on websites, and also privacy issues when you crawl reviews from social media. Honestly, I am positive about this idea. I see a lot of potential in influencing customers at point of purchase. 

Oh btw, our classmate Vicky wrote a blogpost on one of the ideas pitched. Okay la, I'm biased. I mention it because I really agree with her hahahaha. Exactly same sentiments when I was listening to the pitch.

Rant from the pitching party:
Don't create an app/website BECAUSE you want to exit with a buyout. You should be focused on creating something that's good enough to be acquired. Focus on the product, not the end point. And so, don't try to bs us students that it's all about buyouts, get a few millions and we spilt money and retire, enjoy life.......

ASSIGNMENT 3
Working with 3 coders this time round. So it means, I'm taking up the designer + business role.

✔ Idea settled.
It's quite a practical app. Pitched the idea to some of the fellow CS3216, seems okay to them too.

✔ Logo done
Simple logo ftw.

✔  Mockups
The idea this time round is much simpler than Assignment 1 Exchangehunt. Exchangehunt has SOOO many things. Unless I'm missing out anything.... hahaha. Anyway, my mockups are 75% done? I've already written down UI stuffs that I want to clarify with my team next meeting. So should be on the right track.

✔ Front end + backend
Coders working hard. Thanks dudes.

CUTENESS BONUS for the long weekend ahead!
A photo posted by KATSUO (@isokatsuo) on

Ciao
Mei Lan

No comments:

Post a Comment